Ideally, you would like buyers to wait until they’ve viewed your whole property before they judge it. However, the reality is, buyers start forming an impression of your home as soon as they see it from the curb. So, it pays to do everything you can to improve your property's "curb appeal".
Here are some ideas:
- You can improve the impact of your landscaping by trimming hedges, removing any unsightly weeds, and cutting the grass. Planting just a few fresh flowers can make a big impact.
- If your main entrance door is old, a fresh coat of paint will make it look like new. In some cases, the effect is significant.
- Remove any items that might distract the buyer from forming a good first impression. For example, garbage cans, stored items along the side of the property, etc.
- Make sure the curtains and blinds on your front windows are open during viewings. That will make your home look more friendly and appealing. And remember to look at your window coverings from OUTSIDE the home. If they look messy, or different colours in each room consider updating them so the outside of the home looks unified and clean.
- If your driveway has grease stains and other blemishes, consider renting a power washer and giving the driveway a thorough cleaning. And a freshly sealed driveway is highly recommended.
- Clean your front windows. If possible, also clean the exterior panes.
Most of these tips can be done in less than a day. Yet, they can make a big difference in your home's curb appeal. They are worth the effort! These are just some of the things we review with our clients prior to listing their homes. Our goal is to help our clients acheive the most value fromt heir home as possible. Let us know if you are ready to sell and want help to get the most for your home!