How do you boost curb appeal? Here are some proven ideas that you can get done in an hour or so:
- Wash both the inside and outside of the front windows. You'll be amazed at the difference that can make.
- Sweep the walkway leading up to the front entrance. Add a new welcome mat. Also, wash down the front door.
- If possible, remove cars from the driveway. Let buyers imagine their own cars parked there!
- Mow the lawn. Lightly trim the hedges. Weed flower beds.
- Remove anything from inside window sills that may look unsightly from the outside. Try putting a couple of flowering plants there instead.
- Place any trash bins out-of-sight. For example, put them in the garage or neatly at the side of the house.
- If the entrance door hardware is old and worn, change it. New hardware can make a bigger difference than you might think.
- Make sure the outdoor lights are working, especially if you're showing your home in the evening.
- Add some flowering plants to flower beds, or buy a couple of portable potted plants and place them strategically.
- Clean your mailbox. If it’s rusted, replace it.
- If you have a power washer, give the walkway and driveway a quick blast. Just be sure it will be dry before the buyers arrive.
These one-hour improvements may seem minor, but anything that helps buyers form a more positive first impression of your home is worth the effort. If you have questions about where to start before you put your home on the market, give us a call. We can come to give you free advice on what your home needs to maximize its potential!